As an agent, gaining the trust of the Merchant holds immense importance. Therefore, you need to be prepared in advance and know what to ask. Here are 10 questions that you need to ask merchants to immediately gain their trust:
- The first crucial question – May I speak with Mr or Ms (Name of the Merchant). You don’t want to waste your time talking to anyone other than the business owner.
- Tell me something about your business and how you look forward to growth. When you ask them about their growth plans and their business, they’ll love it. This will make you stand out from others.
- Any particular thing that you like about your current credit card processing service? This will help you understand the positives as well as the negatives that they face with their current processor.
- What improvements do you think can be made in this area? This is a great way to find out what is actually not working for them and what is their opinion regarding the improvement of that particular area.
- Next comes a direct question: Your biggest complaint about your present credit card processor is?
- Tell us the ideal characteristics of a payment processor that you’d like. This is a great opportunity to learn about the expectations of the merchant.
- You must’ve been promised the stars and the moon from various sales agents. How much do you believe in that?
- Ask them about the price they’re currently paying. Explain your pricing, later on, otherwise, the merchant will not listen to anything else and make a decision.
- Tell me more (if the merchant mentions any issue)
- End the conversation by asking the merchant about the next step in this procedure.
To learn more about our agent program visit the link below https://www.btrpay.com/agent-iso-partner-program/